Friday 29 January 2016

[Love of My Life] Pause & Reflect

Friday.
Today is a good day to pause a bit and reflect.

Forgive me Allah for I have sinned.
I said things I shouldn't.
I did things I was not supposed to.
I acted on impulse when I was supposed to check first.
 
Be warned - bad parenting ahead.
 
I got back early the other day. Earlier than the closing of sesi petang schooling. Then Adam came back, all smiles to see that we were already there waiting for him kat taska.

He pointed at a boy (taska-mate) and said
Dia panggil Adam bee ayyy bee aiii
He knows better not to say that word, it's forbidden, everyone in our little household is under an oath not to say things as such, out loud.
He spelled that instead.

My eyes got bigger and I gave that boy a warning stare.
Tak elok kita sebut perkataan tu.
Tak baik.
Then the boy answered back
Adam pukul saya dulu!
 
Oh mai!
 
Adam, Adam pukul kawan?
*silent*
Bagitau Ummi, Adam buat dia dulu ke, atau dia sebut dulu?
*silent*
 
Now,.. we mothers know that when dealing with small children, silent is not a good sign.
 
Agree?
 
So he hit the boy first. Katanya he didn't mean to. Out of excitement. He went to apologize but the boy had gone home by then.
 
He was telling me the truth.
But he hid the other story.
Clever.
But wrong application.
 
He got a good lecture about good behaviour.
One shall not hit other people.
When one is hit by other people, one should not say bad words.
When one makes bad things, one must apologise.

And a mom should always check first.
Always.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment