Wednesday 24 February 2016

[Thoughts] [Rambling] With Every Hardship, There is Relief


Assalamualaikum.
Peace be upon you.
 
Day 24.
Of leave.

Slowly coping with all these. Indeed, the grass is always greener on the other side. After 24 days, I conclude that this is not as easy peasy breezy as I thought.
 
For one thing, when situation changes, expectation changes. When a mom stays home, expectation is that - breakfast, lunch and dinner on the table. And the table is at home. No more Mt St Laundry to scale on weekends. I kid you not. I barely cope! I can't even remember the last time I slap on face moisturiser.

And the weather is super-hawt on most days. Imagine how the kids are tolerating the hot weather going to and coming back from school (and vice-versa) at noon. Personal experience, the moment you step out from the comfort of your air-conditioned car, a rush of hotness greets you. Almost like opening the door of an oven while standing right in front of it!
 
The sendings and fetchings.. homework assisting.. house chores..
Yes, these,.. can tire you out.
 
But the strange thing about motherhood and being mom is that, all these, the things that tire you out, are the ones that make you happy and satisfied.
 
I am slowly tutoring my kids. These days I am up to ... learning! To teach, one must learn. Agree? I flip on text books, checking for information on the internet, join virtual groups with the word 'UPSR' or 'KSSR' or 'PT3' in the name.
 
Over tak? He he. But that is the objective of me leaving the office.
To be where and with whom I am most needed.
 
May Allah bless everyone.
May Allah ease our journey in nurturing our children.
 
InsyaAllah, so verily, with every hardship, there is relief.
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. sama lah kita! i thought when im at home, i can pamper myself with all the face masks, moisturizer or whatnot. tapi hakikatnya bila masuk ofis baru berkesempatan nk pakai benda alah sumer tu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan! Where got time to goyang kaki kan. Always on the go.

      Delete