Wednesday 9 November 2016

[Food & Recipe] Vege Omelette


Assalamualaikum.
Peace Be Upon You.




On malas days, or on days I stood staring into the freezer, void of ideas of what to cook, almost always I ended up doing this. Omelette with vege. Masak sekali je dah dapat source of protein (eggs) and vitmins and minerals (vege).

A very simple, easy peasy to make dish. And with minimal cleaning-up lepas masak. Guna satu pan je. Itulah lauk.. itulah jugak sayur. He.. he..

[1]  2 eggs
[2]  Salt & pepper - to taste
[3]  1 or 2 small chillies - sliced thinly
[4]  1 handful bunapi mushroom
[5]  1/2 floret broccoli - cut into small pieces
[6]  1/2 bulb yellow onion - sliced thinly

- Heat oil in a flat pan.
- In a bowl, mix salt, pepper and chillies with egg. Beat until well mixed.
- When the oil in pan is hot enough, fry onion, broccoli and mushroom until onion is translucent and broccoli is soft.
- Pour egg mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the omelette to the other side and further fry  for another 1-2 minutes.

Sangat sesuai di makan dengan nasi yang panas-panas. For me, takde lauk lain pun dah okay.

Just in case you are wondering apa lah bunapi mushroom tu, tengok gambar kat bawah ni.

Photo credit to Google

Bunapi yang putih belah kiri tu. Seen here with its brown counterpart, Shimeji. Ni hasil siasatan via wiki. Correct me if I am wrong.

I think most of us pernah and biasa Nampak these mushroom kat kedai kan.

I prefer yang putih coz the brown has stronger taste and smell which do not really agree dengan my tekak.



No comments:

Post a Comment