Monday 28 November 2016

[Food & Recipe] Tom Yam Ayam


Assalamualaikum.
Peace be upon you.

Tom Yam.

Jarang sangat jumpa orang tak suka makan Tom Yam. My son, Ah Boy is one. The rest of the household would impatiently wait for mealtime kalau buat Yom Yam.

Tom Yam is pretty easy to make. Likewise Kari and Kurma. If you know how to do it, you would tell that to others who don't. But for those who don't, things may seem complicated. Exactly like I felt during my pre Tom Yam, pre Kari, pre Kurma days. If I, yang terkial-kial kat dapur ni can do this, InsyaAllah, so can you.


 
My version would always be Tom Yam Ayam. My other half thinks sotong and udang are much better be on their own, in other kind of cooking. Layan kan aje lah.
 
So, jom I share how I do my Tom Yam Ayam
 
[1]  1 ekor ayam - asingkan bahagian with too much meat, like breast. I normally reserve the meaty parts for deep frying.
[2]  1 1/2 yellow onion - cut into wedges
[3]  4-5 small green chillies - smash
[4]  2-3 stalks lemon grass - smash
[5]  3-4 pieces kaffir lime leaves - tear in half
[6]  3-4 tbsp Tom Yam paste - I use Tai Pee brand
[7]  1 chicken cube - I use Maggi brand

[8]  1 carrot - cut into wedges
[9]  1 packet oyster mushroom - cut into small pieces

[10]  1 1/2 tomatoes - cut into 4 or 6
[11]  2-3 bunch coriander leaves - discard the roots
[12]  1-2 lime - take the juice
[13]  2-3 tbsp fish sauce

Salt and sugar to taste

- Put [1] to [7] in a pot. Pour enough water to submerge everything. Bring to a boil under medium heat.
- When the chicken almost cooked through, add carrot and mushroom. Add salt and sugar. Do not add too much salt as the fish sauce will add some saltiness as well. Cook until carrot is soft.
- Add lime juice and fish sauce. Leave to boil for another 1 or 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add in tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Leave for about 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment