Tuesday 1 November 2016

[Food & Recipe] Ayam Noneng


Assalamualaikum.
Peace Be Upon You.

Today is my supposedly the day I report duty back in the office. For some reasons, we (husband and I) decided that I should extend the leave, so here I am today, now, at home.
 
This means I am forgoing some of the things. But I also gain some of the things, somewhere else. InsyaAllah.
 
Between then and now, there were two weddings. Nephew and niece from husband's side got married. May Allah bestowed them with abundant of happiness.



Anyway. Semalam was too lazy to go groceries shopping. For dinner, I just grabbed whatever there was dalam fridge. And ada some chicken parts in the freezer. Kelentung kelentang kelentung kelentang, and voila! Ayam Noneng (Ayam No Name).
 
Husband said ada rasa macam padprik. I think so too. Maybe because I used serai and daun limau purut.
 
Ingredients
[1]  1/2kg chicken parts (not the meaty ones)
[2]  1 yellow onion - sliced
[3]  4 garlic - crushed
[4]  1 inch ginger - sliced
[5]  2 stalks lemon grass - bruised
[5]  4 pcs kaffir lime leaves - torn
[6]  Small chillies - crushed
[7]  Salt - to taste
[8]  2-3 tbsp. oyster sauce
[9]  1-2 tbsp. caramel sauce
[10]  2 pcs asam keeping
[11]  1/2 carrot - sliced
[12]  1 packet baby corn - cut into small pieces.
 
- Heat 2-3 tbsp cooking oil in a wok.
- Fry garlic, yellow onion, ginger and lemongrass until fragrant and yellow onion a bit burnt, but don't over do it.. hehe
- Add chicken parts and fry a bit for about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and oyster sauce. Mix well, then add about 1/2 cup water.
- Cover the wok and leave to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add kaffir lime leaves, small chillies, asam keeping, carrot and baby corn.
- Add caramel sauce.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Ready to serve
 
Sedap dimakan dengan nasi panas-panas.
 
Selamat mencuba!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment