Friday 19 May 2017

[Ramadan] [Menu] Ramadan 2017 Countdown


Assalamualaikum.
Peace Be Upon You.

7 more days to Ramadhan.

Some of kaum ibu sure have lots of things months before Ramadhan itself especially baju raya. I know some tailors dah tak ambik tempahan months before Aidilfitri. Then when Ramadhan comes, to ensure meals for sahur and berbuka in order, then dekat-dekat nak raya fikir pasal kuih raya pulak :-), and then deal with packing things up balik kampong and unpack semula lepas habis beraya di kampong.

And of course not to forget terawikh, tadarus and the likes.

As for my small family, weekend ni baru nak hantar tempah baju for the boys and abahnya. Good luck to us. Moga berjaya. One of my boys memang tak boleh pakai baju readymade. Especially now with the current trend seluarnya kaki kecik dan kurus. As for myself and Kakak, we'll just head for shopping complex and get us some blouses and skirts. It's important for me that those can be worn to the office without getting weird stares. So, nothing too fancy.

Kids will be starting two weeks mid-year leave on 1st Ramadhan itself, I think that is a blessing. Hoping for lesser traffic congestion during those two weeks. Kids got to stay home, lesser time in the sun going to and coming back from school, perhaps with no homework.
 
And as usual, I'll have my weekly menu ready. Senang nak plan beli barang-barang, can prepare ahead, balik rumah boleh terus letak kuali or periuk atas dapur.

My line-ups for 1st week..


Main dishes. Yes, we do not eat rice for lunch and dinner every day, hence we will have kuetiaw and bihun and buttermilk chicken sandwich on some days. I also have make-ahead concoction like sambal tumis and sambal lontih. Even now I have them ready in the fridge and proven to be a huge time-saver.

Some people argue we mothers spend too much time preparing meals for the family. The time should and better be spent reciting Quran, performing solat sunat and whatnots. My humble opinion says, preparing meals for the family is also an ibadah. Of course, we need not to over-do it.

Ramadhan is a month that I got the chance to spend more time with my family, mealtimes included. Otherwise on other months we rely on take-aways, eat-outs maybe half of out mealtimes.

Apapun, Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan. Moga amal ibadah kita dapat dipertingkatkan.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment