Thursday 12 January 2017

[Ramblings] [Love of My Life] Happy New Year 2017!


Assalamualaikum.
Peace be Upon You.

Already 12 days into 2017. Happy New Year 2017!

Budak Benyek is already in Year 3 and he is so excited because koko unit beruniform starts from Year 3. He's been aiming to join Pengakap for the longest time but the teachers will decide who joins what. I hope he will get what he's been wanting. I told him, if he gets other unit, then tell the teacher that Pengakap is his dream since kindy days. He told me that would be a lie. The actual fact is that, starting in Year 1.
 
Good job Ummi. The first month of 2017 and you taught your son to lie :P
 
He also got himself a new wheels (Le Run!) on the very first day of 2017. Still clumsy at coordinating his feet movement and the brakes and the handle but he's getting there. We got training wheels fixed, not too cool for a 9-yo huh?  
 
Meanwhile, Ah Boy now in Form 1 already. How time really flies! So far, Alhamdulillah he's okay with school. Not to say too motivated but he has lesser grievances and whines and the likes (so far!) as compared to his primary days. I still need to be there when he does his homework. I am so happy he and his best-est friend are in the same class. At least they have each other in the big school. And I, and the boy's mother have 2 pairs of spying eyes.
 
My eldest now in Form 4. I applied for MRSM, she went to UPKK. I also applied for SBP and yet... the results are still unknown, I already have my doubts. Would she be okay? Or rather, would I be okay? She's doing pure science now .. and coping .. bit by bit. We told her pure science is not easy, but it is not impossible. One has to work hard, work smart and be consistent (which I was not!)
 
Now that I am back working, I have lesser time with them so whatever time we have, insyaAllah we use it wisely. I am trying to keep some of the thing intact like when I was on long leave. I make sure they have food from home for breakfast (sometimes it's reheat-leftover kinda things, ops!) Taska and for dinner, it's almost homecooked ones most days, albeit the much simpler things I manage to lay on the table.
 
We also try to keep school revisions in check everyday. I miss the days when we have books and papers and pens and pencils scattered on the table when Ah Boi and Kakak were to sit for UPSR and PT3 respectively, last year. No big exams this year (phew!), but one can always be consistent right.
 
I hope I can cope.
Istiqomah.
It's tiring sometimes,
But it's love and it gives me such satisfaction.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment