Sunday 15 May 2016

[Food & Recipe] Honey Biscuit


Assalamualaikum
Peace be upon you

So, how was your weekends? Mine was a productive ones. At least by my standard.

Went to IKEA Cheras. Since I am now in my cookie-mood, I need more cookies jars! And they must be the same like the very one jar I have a home. So, IKEA it was. And of course I had to also buy other things as well :-)
 
In kitchen department, I am an even more happier woman. Tried out two new recipes and both turned out well. Made Briyani for lunch. I gave myself a pat on the back since the recipe doesn't call for premix spices and had to be done from scratch.
 
I also tried Honey Biscuit. Fell in love at first sight masa makan kat Texas Chicken tapi tak sampai hati nak beli banyak-banyak. Mahal!
 


Adapted from original recipe - The Blue Jean Chef - Buttermilk Biscuit

Ingredients
[1]   2 1/3 cups self-raising flour
[2]   4 tbsp castor sugar
[3]   113 gm butter (straight from the fridge)
[4]   1 1/3 cups buttermilk
[5]   2 tbsp honey
[6]   1 tbsp butter (melted), add honey and stir

- In a bowl, mix flour and sugar.
- Grate butter into the flour-sugar mixture, stir until it resembles crumble
- Add buttermilk and honey
- Using a spatula, mix until just combined. The mixture should be very soft and sticky
- Generously dust a tray with flour, scoop the mixture onto the tray. Using both hands, shape and coat the mixture with flour.
- Arrange in a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes, 160C then take it out, drizzle with butter+honey .. no [6]
- Bake for another 10 minutes

Sedap makan panas-panas with mug of kopi panas on rainy night :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment